Honua Kai Konea 142 Honua Kai Ground Floor~steps to pools/beach! K142
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms 2 Baths • Sleeps 4-6
Honua Kai Resort & Spa KONEA 142 - GROUND FLOOR CLOSE TO EVERYTHING! (see pics)
Rated the #3 resort in the whole state of Hawaii by Conde Nast traveler!
Enjoy the wide open spacious feeling with 11 foot vaulted ceilings ~ only on the GROUND FLOOR ~ and 1,230 square feet of interior living space, with 2 master suites and an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan. Open the entire glass wall to a HUGE lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn!
This is KONEA 142, the KING of the GROUND FLOOR 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo-tel luxury homes at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa on Ka'anapali Beach Maui. Aloha. I am Trevor Alt and I proudly own and manage this property.
Hawaii Governor Ige has announced the Safe Travels program for domestic trans-pacific travel will end on Friday, March 25, 2022. This means that COVID testing requirements and vaccine mandates will no longer apply. Under the state’s plan, the first day travelers could come into the state without any Safe Travels restrictions is Saturday, March 26, 2022. Hawaii has also discontinued indoor mask mandates.
For travelers from outside the U.S., the State of Hawai‘i is in alignment with federal international requirements for passengers flying directly into Hawai‘i from an international destination and there are no additional State of Hawaiʻi requirements. The airlines will screen passengers prior to their departure to the U.S. International passengers entering the U.S. from another state or territory will be treated as domestic travelers when entering the State of Hawai‘i. Latest updates about getting to Hawaii and Travel FAQs, and more: hawaiicovid19 dot com/travel/
I still recommend that you book dining reservations in advance if you are coming to Maui anytime soon due to the increase in travelers.
Honua Kai is running normally and almost all of its amenities are available including the restaurants, spa, stores, concierge, towel tracker dispensers, bell and valet, etc. The gym may be accessed by visiting the security office and showing proof of vaccination to obtain a color coded wristband.
For guests that book I highly recommend purchasing a trip cancellation plan with possibly the cancel for any reason rider. See squaremouth dot com. Surprisingly affordable.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
This private oasis is uniquely located on the north side of this luxury resort. Konea 142 is the ONLY ground floor 2 bedroom 2 bath condominium home on the north side of the Konea building - the most quiet and private part of the incredible Honua Kai Resort & Spa.
Oversized glass doors open the entire wall to an large lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area – you get 420 square feet of lanai and garden in addition to 1230 square feet of interior space! From the lanai it is a one minute walk down a grassy walkway to the pools, beach, gas BBQ area with Viking grills, and Duke's Restaurant and Bar.
Honua Kai is the best resort in West Maui. It offers all the conveniences of a luxury home and all the amenities of a luxury hotel resort and spa. Enjoy all the features of the 3 naturally landscaped pools, 5 hot tubs, numerous Viking BBQs, restaurant and coffee shop / delis, and the world famous Ka’anapali North Beach just steps beyond. Snorkel with turtles over the reef right in front of the resort, and you can enjoy walks or jogs down the boardwalk all the way past Black Rock with its world famous cliff jumping and snorkeling down to Whaler’s village with all its wonderful shops and restaurants.
WHY choose our Ground Floor Unit Konea 142 at Honua Kai:
- Ultimate ground floor convenience to all resort amenities. *BEST LOCATION IN RESORT*
- Extra high ceilings, spacious lanai with dining/lounging furniture and our own private lawn.
- Peek view of the Pacific ocean from the lanai/garden - 420 square feet.
- Very private location within resort with tropical landscaping around our lawn.
- luxurious high thread count sheets.
- What you see is what you get vs. hotel/Outrigger booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in. These pictures are of my unit.
WHAT my unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops.
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities.
• A king size bed in each bedroom suite (one of which can be split into 2 twins).
• A queen sleeper sofa in the living room with comfortable upgraded mattress.
• Large flat screen HD TV’s in every room each with a DVD/CD/Blueray player and lots of movies for all ages. Living room has been upgraded with a 65 inch Samsung 4K UHD TV with a Playstation 4 (new TV not shown in all pictures).
• Free super fast Wi-fi/Internet access, cable, and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada. Streaming movies using my Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts.
• Beach towels and additional linens & towels.
• Quality Boogie Boards. If any of the 4 get worn, I replace.
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella.
• Amazon Alexa Echo for voice activated music, weather, news, and more.
• Sonos soundbar for great quality TV audio and music.
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and cooler. INSTANT POT.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY - Pack & Play portable crib, portable high chair / booster, video games & movies.
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Honua Kai is the most luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2011).
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa has received AAA's coveted 4 Diamond award.
- On site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, fitness center, full service spa, Viking gas BBQ grills.
- 3 themed pools in the massive aquatic playground! Intimate/quiet/adult pool, a larger infinity edge pool, a lazy river, a large central pool with slide, 2 waterfall grottos, shallow sandy bottom pool for kids + 5 hot tubs.
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants.
- Located on Ka'anapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world.
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
No Daily Resort Fees, pay for parking only:
• $15 daily Parking fee billed separately for underground self parking ($5 extra at the resort for valet). Again, this $15 per day parking fee pass on and the applicable taxes will not appear in Airbnb automatic quotes and will be billed to you separately after you book. There is no daily resort fee when you book this condo.
Across the street is a shopping center you can walk to including:
- Times supermarket (open until 11 p.m.).
- The 'Best Coffee in Maui' cafe.
- Pizza Paradiso (+ serves gelato, kebabs, etc.).
- Subway Sandwiches.
- Soup Nutz & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music.
- ABC Convenience Store.
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant.
- Slappy Cakes (fun place, you cook your own custom pancakes on a griddle at your table).
-3 Massive themed pools covering acres and acres, including waterfalls, beaches, 120 foot long waterslide, lazy river, infinity pool, and 5 hot tubs throughout the aquatic playground.
-Duke's Restaurant and Bar is on site and offers casual or formal dining serving all meals, full bar, with happy hour specials and pool service.
-Spa with all treatments onsite on our floor of our building.
-Fully equipped gym next to the Spa, short walk from our front door past the lobby.
-Underground secure parking, you can park steps from the elevator that opens steps from our condo's front door.
I interact with guests as much or as little as they like. I have hired a personal on-island representative Monty Richmond. Monty and I are always available by phone, text, or email to answer questions or handle any issues that might arise. I've prepared a comprehensive set of useful information which I email to guests and also provide in the form of an application for smart phones, computers, tablets, etc.
The resort is located on Ka'anapali Beach, consistently voted one of the top 5 beaches in the world. We are on the quieter north end of Ka'anapali Beach. It's about a one minute walk from our condo door to the pools, restaurant, and beach (you can go out the front OR the back door which locks). It is a short drive or a 30 minute walk to Whaler's Village and Black Rock, where you can swim with sea turtles and jump from the rock 25 feet into the Pacific Ocean.
A rental car is recommended. You can have a wonderful vacation without ever leaving the Honua Kai resort but Maui has a great deal to offer and I'll email you all my recommendations.
If you are a Costco member, their travel web page is where I book my rental vehicle when I visit for the best deals among several rental car companies, and the option to add a second driver for no additional fee. Our condo is very close to the elevator to the underground parking garage - ultimate convenience!
I'd also recommend checking discount hawaii car rental dot com and compare their rates, recently they've even beaten Costco.
A third option is Patrick Eismon, a friend of the owner's on island manager Monty. Patrick has a fleet of 2021 Honda Pilots he's offering our guests for $875 / week with free airport pickup and drop-off. Inquire for his contact information.
Although I have always rented a vehicle, on the owner forum another owner recommended Sunset taxi. Pickup at OGG Kahalui Airport to Honua Kai $85 plus Costco stop. $65 return to OGG Kahalui airport from Honua Kai. Several rental car companies have locations within walking distance of Honua Kai, but their rates seemed high to me so I still don't think it makes sense to take a taxi or shuttle from the airport and rent a car for a few days.
Having visited Maui more than forty times, I'm a good travel guide. I email each guest a summary of my recommendations for local dining and activities. Monty and I agree that we aren't just in the lodging business, we are in the hospitality business and one of the ways we set ourselves apart from other options is our eagerness to help our guests choose from the myriad of amazing experiences Maui offers.
For 2018, owner had a 3D Matterport tour prepared, it can be found online - my.matterport dot com/show/?m=NagE9ZveiAe
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges (less $100.00 cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 60 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
- Registration Number
- 440140060344, TA-003-658-9568-01